to visit the VEGEMITE Facebook
Fanpage and join the conversation
Download a PDF of the entire PRODUCTS Timeline
- VEGEMITE spread debuts in an amber glass jar capped with what is known as a Phoenix Seal, to keep the contents fresh. It is initially called ‘Pure Vegetable Extract’.
- A national competition to change the name from ‘Pure Vegetable Extract’ is held, with the winning name being selected; VEGEMITE.
- The labelling includes the description ‘Pure Yeast Extract’.
- VEGEMITE spread is available in a limited edition porcelain jar.
- Fred Walker decides to change the name of his poor selling VEGEMITE spread to ‘Parwill’. The move is unsuccessful and Walker reverts back to the original name for VEGEMITE spread.