to visit the VEGEMITE Facebook
Fanpage and join the conversation
Download a PDF of the entire VEGEMITE Timeline
- VEGEMITE spread is available in a variety of sizes, ranging from 2 ounce opal glass jars to 6 pound tins.
- VEGEMITE spread sales receive a boost when redemption coupons are included in packs of cheddar cheese.
- Its reputation as a tasty, nutritious food starts to catch on Australia wide.
- Fred Walker passes away, leaving the company to continue his tradition of innovation.
- In a time of great change for the Australian household landscape, the electric toaster makes its debut, a device that later becomes synonymous with the VEGEMITE brand.
- The Kraft Walker Company launches a promotion with substantial prizes - including imported Pontiac automobiles – asking people to create a limerick for the VEGEMITE brand. The hugely successful promotion sees a jump in VEGEMITE spread sales on a mass scale Australia wide.
- The winning limerick, much like the naming competition of 1923, is not recorded, or has been lost in time.
- VEGEMITE spread gains official product endorsement from the British Medical Association. This endorsement feat allows the VEGEMITE brand to be advertised in the British Medical Journal, and sees medical professionals and baby care experts recommending VEGEMITE spread as a Vitamin B rich, nutritionally balanced food for their patients.