to visit the VEGEMITE Facebook
Fanpage and join the conversation
Download a PDF of the entire VEGEMITE Timeline
- The VEGEMITE brand uses three prominent Australians in their advertising campaign directed at teenagers and young adults - champion racing car driver Peter Brock, tennis legend Ken Rosewall and award winning actress Helen Morse.
- To mark the exact place where VEGEMITE spread was discovered 60 years earlier, a plaque is unveiled at Kerford Road in Canterbury,Port Melbourne.
- “Do you know what I really like?” becomes VEGEMITE spreads advertising slogan.
- In April, a 115g jar of VEGEMITE spread makes supermarket history in Australia by becoming the first product to be electronically scanned at a checkout.
- It was scanned at Woolworths in Chullora, NSW and the price was 66 cents.
- The product is still on display at the Woolworths head office in NSW.
- A national television advertising campaign is launched, using the, “Do you know what I really like?” slogan from 1983.