to visit the VEGEMITE Facebook
Fanpage and join the conversation
Download a PDF of the entire VEGEMITE Timeline
View the VEGEMITE Story
- A limited edition breakfast plate is launched by a campaign that runs through independent supermarkets Australia wide.
- A new VEGEMITE spread product is launched, named VEGEMITE CHEESYBITE, following a Quantum Market Research poll in which more than 30,000 people voted.
- Fans are invited to purchase any VEGEMITE or VEGEMITE CHEESYBITE spread and collect their plate in store. The plates featured the iconic ‘Happy Little Vegemites’ jingle in the classic red, yellow and black colour scheme.
- Australian pyjama king Peter Alexander designs a range of pyjamas featuring the VEGEMITE brand. It is the first official foray into a merchandising partnership for the VEGEMITE brand.
- Peter Alexander’s range features men’s, women’s and children’s PJ’s in a variety of gorgeous styles that are synonymous with the peteralexander brand. The collection officially launches on the catwalk during Melbourne Spring Fashion Week.
- The pyjamas are sold nationally through peteralexander stores and online, and become a huge hit amongst Australians of all ages.
- Kraft Foods launch a new product, MY FIRST VEGEMITE. The specially formulated spread is designed to suit a younger palette, contains extra B vitamins, added iron and 50% less sodium, whilst still maintaining the unique taste Australians know and love.
- MY FRIST FIRST VEGEMITE spread is distinctive in its 150 gram orange capped jar.
- Parents and nutritionists welcome the new Australian made spread, confident in its increased levels of nutrients.